Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Slow progressions

This week in kendo.

I can attend both days of kendo. I would really like to make it to the Fishers Y in order to practice more but with my new schedule it can't happen. My kendo is stronger now. I've toned my muscles well in order to reach a physical level of a 27 year old again.

Our newest kendoka to the dojo is Steve. He has done well to advance quickly. We have practiced many times out of the dojo and his excelled improvement reflects.

My fuhikomi has excelled. The use of the heel protector from e-bogu has help tremendously. Though in some ways I feel like I'm cheating my art. I probably shouldn't use it all the time.

Sensei said after class that "our kendo reflects our life and that our life is reflected in kendo. Is our life is shit then our kendo will be shit." My first question that I want to ask him is what does my kendo tell him about my life, though I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment