Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Current status


Kendo: The current status of Kendo

I achieved a rank of 2nd Kyu recently. My confidence is shown within my kendo, my strike, my knowledge and my eagerness is all apparent. My focus now is the strike. The forward movement of the thrust to match the downward strike. Foot work is still most important.

I am going to attempt to get the 1st kyu rank in Detroit Feb 12th and participate in the tournament on the 13th



Running: As new to running, I find the more I do it the more my knees hurt. It's been suggested that it's my shoes. I am currently looking into getting a more expensive pair but I'm not sure what to get. I've very interested in the new Vibram Five Fingers but the $120 price tag is a bit too much for me.

I'm averaging about 8 miles a week. 2 to 3 sessions every two weeks. I can run for about 40 mins with ease.


Body Training: I've set up a training plan in paper to follow. It takes time to fill out but it's a record of what is done through the week to help keep consistency. I've managed to Bench Press 75lbs (45 bar + 30).

No comments:

Post a Comment